Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Kitchen Update

So Mike and I had a crazy idea years ago to knock out the east wall to our house and add on to our kitchen. Well that crazy idea has become reality. I forgot to take a before picture, but here are some progress pictures. It is really coming along. Luckily I have the greatest husband who made a little kitchen for us in the laundry room. He hung some old cabinets, moved down the stove, installed a sink, and even our table fits. Considering everything it hasn't been that bad, except for all the dust I have to vacuum off of everything in the current kitchen every morning. Plus we have kind of gotten use to having the fridge in the living room. Grab a spoon, a thing of ice cream, turn on your favorite movie and you're good to go!

The kitchen before the exterior wall came down.

The "BEAM" that made it possible to have a large kitchen without any supporting beams coming down. Thank you Bryce, the mastermind!


This is our new kitchen. What will we do with all this space? I am sure we will figure that out! Lexi is our little Vanna White!

4 comments:

Alison said...

I love it! that is going to make such a HUGE difference! It is so fun to have a new kitchen! I love ours!

Amanda said...

Ahh, how I love construction...not the mess, but the final result!

Audrey said...

Yippe Kiya! Can I just tell you how excited I am to see you and your little family on here! I ask Meg's about you all the time too so it will be nice to just take a little looksy myself!
CONGRATS on number 3! To be honest, it has not been as hard as I was expecting it to be! That being said, I haven't really gone back doing all the things I was doing before her though... that sorta stresses me out thinking about it! I got so busy here doing hair (4 to 5 full days a week) out of our basement. We put in a salon with its own entrance and bathroom and boy is it nice! Anyways, I just can't do it that much with a little lady that needs me ALL the time!
Ok so how exciting about your kitchen! I remember the one time I came over (to do your hair) you were telling me that you guys eventually wanted to do that, and look at ya now! That will be sooo nice!
One last thing... when we were car/van hunting we bought it from a dealership there in Bountiful and when we were on our "test drive" I was driving and the dude was telling me where to go and we passed your house! I even honked! He probably thought I was a nutt job but I just thought it was so cool I remembered your house!
Ok done...

Joe and Kristen Blakley said...

You guys are so brave. We are excited to see it when you are all done. You do such a great job.