Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our January

January was not an easy month for us. Mike's dad passed away on January 20th from complications related to pulmonary fibrosis. He was hospitalized the beginning of January so we spent almost every day there for about 12 days until he passed away. It was a hard experience, but we also had many spiritual and special moments that we are so grateful for. Here are a few pictures of the funeral.

Bill's Legacy

Taking pictures of all of Bill's grandchildren for the funeral program. What a great group of kids! 15 grandkids with 2 on the way.


Alexis and Spencer





The Funeral



They branded Bill's casket with his brand, the spur. That's a true cowboy!

8 comments:

Nicki said...

Tiffany, So sorry to hear about your loss! Losing a love one has got to be one of the hardest things for us to go through! I seriously can't think of anything more heartwrenching! Even with our Gospel knowledge which brings some comfort, can you imagine the suffering being greater for those who don't have this knowledge? I hope your family and mother in law are doing well, it takes time!

Alison said...

Tiff, I am so sorry to hear about Mike's dad. I hope you guys are doing ok. Miss you!

Holly said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's dad's passing. That must have been so hard. I'm glad you were able to find peace through the experience, and also some time to prepare in the last days with him. I hope you're doing well and send my condolences to you and Mike. You have such a beautiful family.

Makenzie Iorg said...

Tiff, I am glad you posted about Bill. I think the casket with the brand of the spur is perfect for him. It's been fun seeing you a lot lately.

Nate & Emily said...

Sorry to hear that Tiff. Hope things are ok with the family. Let's get together soon.

Nate & Emily said...

Sorry I missed you guys today! Thanks for the phone call. I was at another play group. I guess you have my phone now. My cell is 726-0009. Keep me posted in the future and thanks for organizing!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff!! Your family is so cute! I'm sorry to have to post on such a difficult one - I am sorry to hear about your father in law; that is not easy I am sure. Love to hear from you!

The Wright's said...

First of all congratulations on baby #3, I am sure he will be as adorable as your other two. I have thought about you guys often and hope that you are doing well. The pictures from the funeral are beautiful. Keep up with the updates, I need to get going on mine. :-)