Friday, June 13, 2008

1/2 IRONWOMAN!!!

I have been training all winter for a 1/2 ironman triathlon which I finally did this last weekend. I finished, but boy was it grueling. It can be summed up by saying freezing water and VERY strong wind gust THE WHOLE TIME!!! The water was SOOOO cold and the wind was going against the current. I survived the 1.2 mile swim, barely, and then had to have someone help peel off my wetsuit because my hands were frozen. I was so excited to get on my bike to warm up until I hit the 30mph head wind like a brick wall. The 56 mile bike ride almost did me in since about 70% of it was into a head wind. I was actually looking forward to running as long as I could get off my bike. The run was actually the easiest part of the whole race, as easy as 13.1 miles can be. It took me almost 7 1/2 hours to complete, but I finished. According to Spencer I won and that is all that matters. I must say I was pretty proud of myself!
This cap has got to keep me warm, right?
Starting the bike ride. Here I go!
I finished the ride, here comes the run. My 2 favorite cheerleaders were right there with me!
YEAH!!! I finished! I am a half ironwoman!

8 comments:

Nicki said...

Go Tiffers!

You ARE the woman!

Jody Neeley said...

Congratulations Tiffany, that is a HUGE accomplishment! Over 7 hours of exercise, I can't imagine. Wow!!!!

Amanda said...

You are amazing! You have quite the determination. You look wonderful after all the exercise!

Nate & Emily said...

You are amazing Tiff! Way to go! What an inspiration for me to step it up a notch!

Tamar and Trevor said...

I always knew you were amazing!

Robin said...

Awesome, Tiffany. This says a lot about your determination and ... organization - I mean, it had to be tricky to get all the workouts in, plus being a mom and stuff. Very inspiring. Also, reading this, it took me back to the aerobics classes you led in the basement of the girls' dorm in Jordan.

Lynn said...

I think you are a whole iron-woman! you go girl.

Jen said...

WAY TO GO!! I am so excited for you. Whenever I get off of the marathon track, I'd love to get into triathlons but I am SO intimidated by the swimming and I'm . . . not quite ready for a half iron man! You are amazing.

Love keeping up with you through the blogging world.